What is personal hygiene?
- Personal hygiene is the process and practice in which we care for our body.
- This process includes washing our hands regularly, brushing teeth taking bath and much more.
- Personal hygiene important especially within food and beverage industry manufacturing process.
- Food and beverage industries especially involved in the production process are bound to provide products which are safe to eat for the customers by maintaining hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Hygiene and sanitation practice therefore forms an integral part of workplace hygiene.
- Here every employee would be encouraged to follow sanitation practice like washing hands before entering the production unit and other process.
Bringing the change and improvement
- To start with regular training sessions would be created in order to provide insight of personal hygiene under Quality planning approach.
- The hygienic policies which would be formulated would also be demonstrated to the employees.
- Ever new hiring will have the training process mandatory and hygiene week would be followed to improve the quality of hygiene.
- Proper monitoring compliance and regulations check would be provided by the management as a part of quality control.
Parameter for measuring the effectiveness
- The effectiveness would be measured with three fold monitoring process.
- The supervisors and the line managers would provide monthly report to the higher department regarding the safety measures which are followed.
- They would also report the employees who have filled to abide with the compliance.
- Personal hygiene within workplace is an important element for food and beverage production unit.
- The current scenario resulted in non-maintenance of proper hygiene factors.
- Hand swab test resulted into satisfactory outcomes and need to improve the hygienic policies were seen.
- The new hygienic policy would ensure washing hands, using protective equipment’s, and regular medical check-up of employees.
- Proper monitoring process for the overall hygienic policy would also be implemented which includes the supervisors.
- Trainings would be provided to the employees.
- Rewarding policies and penalties are to be introduced in order to maintain the motivation among the employees.
- The parameter for measuring the effectiveness would be the rate of response from the customers, the supervisors and from the employees themselves.
- Further improvements would be ascertained based on the response received.
- Nwudu, V., Fletcher, A.M. and Bauer, M., 2018. Patterns and predictors of personal protection compliance and workplace hygiene behaviors among workers with elevated blood lead levels in New York State. Journal of occupational and environmental hygiene, 15(9), pp.654-663.
- Trafialek, J., Drosinos, E.H. and Kolanowski, W., 2017. Evaluation of street food vendors’ hygienic practices using fast observation questionnaire. Food Control, 80, pp.350-359.
- Moerman, F., 2017. Personal Hygiene and Good Maintenance Practices for the Servicing of Food Processing Equipment. In Food Protection and Security (pp. 267-327). Woodhead Publishing.
- Gamble, J.R., Brennan, M. and McAdam, R., 2017. A rewarding experience? Exploring how crowdfunding is affecting music industry business models. Journal of business research, 70, pp.25-36.
- Borggaard, G.A., Google LLC, 2019. System and method for rewarding customers who invite other customers to a business. U.S. Patent 10,318,977.
Assignment on Global Food Quality Management Systems by Subject Academy
Assignment assistance + affordable pricing = happy YOU! To know more about our services, visit www.subjectacademy.com